Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Tribe comes to the Dome...

...and don't really do anything.

But I didn't really expect them too. However, it was kind of a close-ish game in the first 6 innings.

And then the Twins pounded on the runs and played a bunch of small ball like they're so good at.

Even though not a lot of good stuff happened for the Team With a Racially Insensitive Name (like Grady striking out twice), there's a whole long list of Stuff That Went Right for the Twinks:

- Little Nicky Punto hit a home run!! I did not see that one coming. It was his first homer in 356 at bats.

-Gogo made that awesome catch where he smacked into the wall, caught the ball, then caught his hat behind his back. (I stayed up really late watching Baseball Tonight, ESPNews, Sportscenter and FSN Final score and poor Speedy didn't get a web gem on any of them )

-This doesn't really have anything to do with the playing, but Brian Buscher looked really tan tonight. Maybe he goes tanning on his off days?

-delMON Young hit that 3 run homer, bringing his season total up to an almighty 3.

Yes, I am a die-hard Twinkies fan, but I do like Cleveland when we're not playing them. Their whole team has really, really fun names.

-Grady Sizemore...Sizemore... with a name like that, he's a walking innuendo.

-Ryan Garko- who, at our house, is affectionately called the Garko Gecko and teased constantly about why he's playing baseball and not selling motorcycle insurance to a jellyfish.

Or however those commercials go.

-What'sHisFace Choo- We don't know his first name, but at his first at bat my dad couldn't help but to pull the classic "I Choo Choo Choose you" line.

And then he giggled.

- And of course theres Jhonny Peralta. Ja-honny Purr-AllTell Family Plan. 'Nough said.

In the pre-game show, Bert mentioned Travis Hafner was on the DL and after that I expected him to break out the North Dakota jokes, being that that's where Hafner is from, but the Blyleven left me hanging. I'm very disappointed in you Bert.

I love the Postgame show. I really do. Especially when players get pies to the face during their interview with Telly Hughes. I'm lookin at you, delMON. And to keep the creamy pie on your face during the whole interview? I love it.

Lots and lots of stuff happened in baseball today. While waiting for the Twins story on all the shows previously listed above, I got to see all the interesting bits (like, 4 times each)

-Santana has lost in his last 5 starts for the Mets. It's taking a lot of willpower to not go into a long I Told You So rant.

-Detroit lost to Seattle, of all places, and Pudge got ejected. The clip of it reminded me of the little girl I used to babysit when she didn't want to go to bed. Exact same facial expression.

-How 'bout them Rockies? They were losing 13-4 to Florida, and came back to win it 18-17. Wow.

-Pujols hit his 300th homerun tonight off the left field foul pole. Foul pole homers have got to be the best. If I were to win that contest where you tell David Ortiz where to a homer, I'd totally tell him to hit it off the right field foul pole.

Yes, I know it's not the best post, but I'm really tired, and my shoulders are the same color as radishes, and there was a lot of stuff to talk about.

Oh, by the way, Happy Independence Day!

No comments: