Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slowey Gets A Cookie




Barring the icky sweep by the Yankees, the Twins have been playing pretty well since my last update.


Which was actually a really long time ago, looking back. But it turns out I do have a life other than blogging about the Twins.


Take Sunday for instance-


I sat through 14 innings of Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks/Joliet Jackhammers baseball, and that wasn't even the whole game.


And I was in the sun the whole time.


Frequent trips to Physical Therapy has also taken up alot of my valuable blogging time, and tommorrow I am privileged enough to get to be able to waste my time with an MRI.


Yay.


...


But back to the important stuff.


WE BEAT THE WHITE SUX!!


Not only did we beat them, but Kevin Slowey SHUT THEM OUT!!!


I could not be happier with this team right now.


-Denard Span hit his first Major League homer, which put the Twins in the lead for the first time.


-Two batters later, Justin comes up and does his 'Home Run Derby King/I Can't Let This Kid Show Me Up' thing and hits another homer.


Fans cheered and a good time was had by all.


-GoGo came in late, got a hit, sprinted around the bases, (sat in the dugout and accidentally dropped his mouthpiece in on the ground) and was smiling again (when he wasn't grimacing from running so fast no one knew where he was).


Also, the Sox weren't exactly on top of their game.


-They didn't hit a homer, and in games when they don't get the long ball, they're 5-22. Haha! They actually had one for a few minutes, when Jermaine Dye hit that ball that went really far that everyone knew was foul except for the third base ump.

Even Dye knew it was foul and didn't argue at all.


When Ozzie came out after the call was taken back, I was expecting some of this:






But he was very calm.


Very disapponting Ozzie.


He did show some emotion in the dugout though:




Well, maybe not.

-A.J. ...

My god, what the $#%& did you do to your hair?



Scary photo courtesy of


Litterblog

It made me lose my appetite.

But that's prolly cause it's exactly the same color as those tasty Lemon Ices, which is what I was eating at the time. So, naturally, I couldn't finish it, and I gave it to my dog, who also didn't eat, but most likely for different reasons.




-Nich Swisher. Ha! You lost your glove and you didn't hit anything. I give total credit to


THOSE girls



for they're super idea to 'love' Nick Swisher to make him suck. I tried it, and it worked! They are so smart. I'm jealous.

No comments: